Sunday, April 26, 2009

Felt My Fingertips Tingle and It Started to Rain

After much deliberation--and many changed ideas--I've decided on my first tattoo. For a while, I was planning on getting something completely universal: either the bass or treble clef, some simple notes, the opening bars of "So What"--but that all changed once I saw this design on my Gaslight Anthem shirt...

Seriously. Just take a look at that beauty. I'll suck up my pussy needle phobia to get THAT THING on my arm. I figure that it'll be my graduation present to myself.

On that note, my mom is now in the process of planning my graduation party. A graduation party that I don't want. I understand where she's coming from, but I can't stand having a party for myself. I don't even tell people when my birthday is anymore--except for this year, but that was because I came into about $12,000. I felt the need to tell people about that. Especially the guys I work with. Haha

I also recently completed my Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection. I don't know how many collectors actually read this blog--but if you're a collector and you're reading this, you already know the feeling that happens right when the exchange of items occurs. I swear, I'm glad I'm not addicted to heroin--because being addicted to vinyl is ten times sweeter. And--presumably--a lot less expensive.

Here's a breakdown of the collection so far. Mind you, Sink or Swim and the Sink or Swim Demos both have a variety of different pressings--each with a different color.


"The '59 Sound" single - 7"
SeƱor and the Queen - 3rd pressing 7"
The '59 Sound - 2nd pressing [Signed by Brian Fallon] 12"
Sink or Swim - 3rd pressing (Purple Splash) 12" [Pictured above on the turntable]
"Sink or Swim Demos" - 3rd pressing (Green) 7"

And... My prized possession...

Live at Park Avenue - 1st pressing 10" [Signed by EVERYONE]

They said that this was the first copy of this album that they had ever signed. It was a Record Store Day '09 exclusive, and I'd like to send my thanks to Zia Records for actually having this set aside for me when I came in.

No comments: