Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear Chandler Education Foundation,

I would like to formally thank you for awarding me with the Vision Collegebound scholarship. The intense work and countless hours of volunteering were more than validated by the $200 check I received on May 7th, 2009. Even more--I was able to take a picture with the principal of my school! The REAL LIFE principal!

Now, I understand that the economy is in a recession. I also understand that budget cuts were recently made. And although I was not exactly disappointed with the aforementioned amount--it was significantly less than what I was promised during my first year of high school.

I was told that if I devoted my time and energy into the community--I would be rewarded with $1000. You see... $1000 is a much larger amount than $200. I realize that something may have happened between now and four years ago, but I would have at least liked to have been informed of this before exhausting myself for a month at the YMCA. Perhaps a mistake has been made--so I will gladly accept a formal apology or a check for the remaining amount. I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, though, I have already spent a portion of the check I was awarded. Obviously, the Chandler Education Foundation was not entirely truthful when it promised me $1000--so I must admit that I have not been entirely truthful with the Chandler Education Foundation.

I did make a promise that your scholarship money would be spent on college-related items. Instead, I've taken a picture displaying exactly what I bought with that money.

I apologize for the obscene gesture as well. It was entirely unintentional.

Thank you for your time,
Casey Reed

No comments: