Saturday, January 31, 2009

Acid Tongue

Tomorrow will start a new period in my life. I'm a little scared of what could reveal itself from the results, but this is something I know I have to do. For those of you who have never forced yourself to do something beneficial--this may seem odd, but this will be an event of self control which will go unmatched for years to come.

I will not be buying any records in the month of February.

Starting tomorrow, not a penny of my small, disposable income will go towards the purchase of any of those damned vinyl discs. Admittedly, this is not because of a recent falling out between records and me--just the fact that I need to save up some money for my ever-approaching trip to New York. Most likely, I will end up spending at least $100 on vinyl in New York--some of my favorite shops are only found in the great city--but that will be in the month of March.

Yesterday marked my last purchasing excursion to Zia Records for at least a month. I bought the new Jenny Lewis album, The Stand Ins by Okkervil River, and Moondance by Van Morrison--for a grand total of $50.39. Do I regret this decision? Hell no. Because from this point forward, I will not be a slave to my addiction. From this moment on, I will not be controlled by outside sources or promising preview MP3s. Until the ides of March, I will be the master of my own domain.

Oh. Until the copy of Astral Weeks I special ordered comes in next week. That's the only exception.

In fact--I retract my previous statements.

No comments: