Monday, February 16, 2009

Blue In Green

Picked up the 50th Anniversary Edition of Kind of Blue. The packaging is amazing, so I thought I would share.

BLUE vinyl! Amazing! It's almost opaque--but you can see right through it!


The packaging is a hardshell sleeve type with embossed "50s" along the outside


The commemorative book has two identical posters--one I plan to frame and the other to keep with the rest of the memoribilia. The book contains pictures and essays about the album equalling out to almost 10,000 words!


Inside the gate-fold sleeve are the two CDs, one DVD, and the LP is in its normal spot in the front half of the sleeve. The track listings are next to each CD, and pianist Bill Evan's essay for the album is printed on the inside fold.


Inside this packet, there are five 8x10 photos, a copy of the handwritten essay by Bill Evans, and a reproduction of the original 1959 liner notes and book--which were both included with the original.


All of the contents

Obviously, I'm sort of having a miniature music-nerd freak out. Who else would photograph themselves opening a record?

You know how some people put their arms in front of their kids when the child is riding in the front seat?

I did that with this album.

5 comments:

elusivemine said...

You photographed yourself while opening the package? How insanely cute and bizzare!

Vinyls are indeed, precious little discs. :)

Amnesiac said...

I know, right?

A tad...eccentric--but I don't mind.

And, as far as I know, nobody else does either.

Anonymous said...

VERY cool. BLUE VINYL?!
I am definately a fan.
Whoever came up with such a thing should get a trophy, yeah?
:)

Adam Gonzales said...

So I heard that you FINALLY signed up for the tourney, eh? You and this other guy, Timothy, are who we're all betting on.

Amy said...

That blue album is all kinds of awesome. I'm envious. I don't even have a record player and I want one.