Friday, February 27, 2009

Darkness On the Edge of Town

I'll be turning 18 on April 3rd, 2009. Bruce Springsteen will be at the Dodge Theatre that night. The Bruce Springsteen. The Bruce that taught me about high school and love and hope and helped me through more lonely nights than possibly any other person.
I'll be missing that show.

It would have been so perfect.

Ironically, I'll be performing in Hamilton's dinner-theatre performance that. Theatre has taught me so much as well--but no one comes close to The Boss when it comes to high school.


I like to think that I'll be there in spirit--but I won't. Mine will be out on the stage.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was in high school just as Springsteen became really famous with his single "Born in the USA." I love seeing an artist get better and better over the years and continue to influence young people in positive ways. He is awesome.

elusivemine said...

Dude, you're so young!

And Bruce Springstein? For reals? Wow.